Title Insurance Panel Discusion
Join the AAABoR September 11th at 10:00 a.m. for an informative workshop.
• Don Rump, Attorney & Senior Vice President, Capital Title
• Elise Lievois, Attorney & President, Devon Title
• Tom Richardson, Attorney & CEO, Liberty Title
Topics will include:
• How to read a title commitment - Schedule A & B, Exceptions.
• "Red flags" to look for in a pre-commitment and commitment - Liens, New Construction
• Standard Exceptions - With/Without Standard Exceptions, Eagle Policy/Extended Policy
• Mineral Rights - Oil and gas lease
• Ways in which title is held - Life Estate, Trusts, Joint Tenants, etc.
• Gap Coverage
• Special assessments and their impact
• Requesting "Marked up" commitments at closings when representing buyers
• Why does your client need Title Insurance?
• Proposed changes to Regulation X & Z