Trouble-Free Transactions: Title Insurance Seminar (Mon. 29 Sep, 2014 10:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Attend the Trouble-Free Transactions: Title Insurance Seminar on Monday, September 29, from 10 am - 12 noon at the Builders & Remodelers Association of Greater Ann Arbor, 179 Little Lake Drive, Ann Arbor.
Join presenters Elise Lievois (Devon Title Agency), Tom Richardson (Liberty Title Company), and Don Rump (Capital Title Insurance Agency) as they discuss the basics and importance of title insurance.
• How to read a title commitment
• Red flags REALTORS® should be aware of when looking over pre-commitments/commitments
• The difference between with and without standard exceptions
• Mineral Rights
• Ways in which title is held - Life estates, trusts, joint tenants with full rights of survivorship, etc.
• Why a death, a divorce, a marriage, etc. can affect getting to the closing table
• Gap Coverage
• Special assessments and their impact
• Answering "Why do I need title insurance?'"
• Examples of actual claims filed