Finance & Investment Committee 2014
Chairperson: Ed Ridha, Charles Reinhart Company
Director Liaison: Ed Ridha, Charles Reinhart Company
Staff Liaison: Doug Swartz
Goals of the Finance Committee:
1. Review financial statements and cash receipts & disbursements on a quarterly basis, noting budget variances.
2. Review annual budget as prepared by staff and make recommendations for final budget amounts to the Board of Directors.
3. Review capital expenditure budget as prepared by staff and make recommendations for final amount to the Board of Directors.
4. Monitor operational cash reserves on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to the Board of Directors, as necessary, concerning replenishing shortages and investing excess reserves.
5. Review audit proposals received in response to staff prepared RFPs and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
Goals of the Investment Committee:
1. Review the previous year's investment results with the Board's investment representative.
2. Receive and review quarterly investment reports.
3. Review the Board's investment strategy and investment guidelines and make investment recommendations to the Board of Directors.
4. Review the current year's investment results in the third quarter.
The Investment Committee consists of the Finance Committee members, Executive Officer and Director of Finance and Administration.
President-Elect is required to attend all Finance Committee meetings.
President-Elect serves a one year term. One member is appointed from the MLS committee and serves a one year term. All other appointments to this committee are for a term of two years.
Nancy Merdzinski and Doug Swartz are continuing members of the Investment Committee.