Online Code of Ethics for New Members
To take the online Code of Ethics you must first set up an account with NAR. No credit card is needed and the Code of Ethics course is free. You'll need your NRDS number that will be e-mailed to you with your MLS user name and password after you've submitted your membership application, application fee and dues.
After receiving your certificate, AAABoR will schedule your for the next Orientation class that is held at the Board office. (NOTE: You must complete one of the next two Orientation sessions, offered once per quarter, to avoid termination of your membership.)
- 8:45 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 9:30 Board Staff Introduction
- 9:30 - 12:00 Discussion -
- Review of Code of Ethics, Overview of the complaint process, Grievance Committee, Hearing Panel, Alternate Conflict Resolution, Board Procedures, Pathways to Professionalism Video, Anti-Trust Video, Safety Video, Questions and Answers.
Upcoming Orientation Dates
- Februray 15, 2016 - Instructor: Steve Easudes
- April 18, 2016 - Instructor: LaTanya Keith
- June 20, 2016 - Instructor: LaTanya Keith
Included on our website are two brochures we would like to call to your attention. The "On Your Mark" trademark brochure is written by the National Association of REALTORS (who owns the trademark) and is a very handy guide for the proper use of the "®" and the workd "REALTOR". Please refer to this before having cards, signs, stationary, etc. made. It can save you from needing to re-do any item that missuses the "marks".
The other brochure, "A REALTORS® Guide to Sign Ordinances in Washtenaw County", was compiled by the staff of AAABoR and is intended to keep your signs (For Sale and Open Houses) from being removed and destroyed. The ordinances vary greatly from one township to the next. Please familiarize yourself with the ordinances in the areas you place signs. The full text of the ordinance is available on our web sit at ....