According to the 2011 REALTOR® Safety Report conducted by AGBeat, Moby, and S.A.F.E. (Safety Awareness Firearms Education) one in four REALTORS® have said they have been involved in unsafe "incidents or harassing situations" while on the job. The fact is, REALTORS® face more on the job risk than most other professions. NAR developed the REALTOR® Safety program to bring knowledge, awareness, and empowerment to its members, and help them understand the risks they face can mean the difference between life and death.
NAR has dedicated September to observe REALTOR® Safety Month and to kick off safety efforts, but this is just the start of our commitment to members. NAR has also developed and expanded its REALTOR® Safety articles, safety materials, and added a new webinar, "Removing Dangers and Working Safely at Foreclosures and Distressed Properties" to be presented by safety expert Stacey Hawkins, on September 5, 2013.
• Quarterly safety messages focusing on seasonal tips for on the job and at home, sent to Associations and brokers to share with members.
• Promotion of widget with weekly safety tips
• Members directed to www.REALTOR.org/Safety, offering all REALTOR® Safety resources
• Flyers to be created and made available at the Leadership Summit and Annual
• One hour webinar with Q&A on September 5, 2013 at 11:00am EST – "Removing Dangers and Working Safely at Foreclosures and Distressed Properties"
• Contracted with Tracey Hawkins, "the Safety Lady" to present the Safety Webinar
• Expansion of client safety materials with a series of four new articles:
May 2013 - Put Your Gut in Your Safety Toolbox
June 2013 - Technology Can Save Your Life and Your Valuables
July 2013 - Stocking Your Office with Safety Tools and Protecting Your Staff and Sales Team
August 2013 - Convention Safety, 5 Things You Must Add to Your Safety Checklist
• Interactive polls will be included at the end of each article
• MVP offer scheduled for August 1-15. Register for the September REALTOR® Safety Webinar.
• Short safety quiz located on REALTOR.org® home page and REALTOR.org/Safety page. Questions related to REALTOR® safety and answers provided at the end of the quiz.
Association-wide, integrated plan to reach all members via email, free channels (including Weekly Report, Social Media, REALTOR.org, INS, newsletters, etc.), paid marketing channels (including RAE Magazine and RIS Media ads, banner ads, postcard), and promotion by Tracey Hawkins on her Social Media and personal website.
• Fall postcard promotion to drop in the mail on July 30, 2013.
• First article is scheduled to be published on May 31, 2013.
• Webinar is scheduled for September 5, 2013 at 11am EST.